Friday, June 19, 2009

BREAD!

I got this bread recipe from my sis, Jenni, and it is to die for! Thanks Nini! I really like that it has honey in it and its best when eaten just out of the oven with raspberry jam or just with butter.

5 cups warm water
1/3 cup oil (put into a 1 cup measure to the 1/3 line with the oil)
2/3 cup honey (fill the rest of the 1 cup measure with the 2/3 honey, it helps the honey come out without a hassle)
2 Tbsp. salt
3 Tbsp. yeast
10-12 cups flour (I add the first 4 cups, then mix, then add 4 more cups to start. Then add 1/2 cup at a time while kneading). Almost a whole #10 can of flour.



The last time I made a batch I ended up adding 10 cups before taking it out of the bowl, then 4 more 1/2 cups before the dough wasn't sticky.

Knead, knead, knead.


Put back into the bowl (clean) and let rise until it doubles in size.
Separate into 5 loaves and put into greased bread pans. I like to let the bread rise a little in the pan, bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. Take a quick peek at about 28 minutes to see how golden it is.
There are no preservatives in the bread so if you aren't going to eat all 5 loaves quickly, I suggest freezing the rest. Then defrost it on the counter for 1 day before eating. Good luck ladies!

1 comment:

The Seiuli's said...

Geez, I finally found your blog. I love that bread, mmmmm!!!!