Friday, September 14, 2012

The Start and End of C Week


Rrrr! I'm SO frustrated with this website right now! They have made a LOT of improvements and made it so much more user-friendly, but I save stuff and close it stupidly thinking that its going to save it and it doesn't. I've started C week 4 times now!!! I'm about to rip my hair out I'm so mad. Having said that I now give you the condensed version of C week:


Labor Day was the start of C week, but despite the 'day off', not a lot of teaching was done. I had jetBlue work and the library was closed, so we couldn't get our books for this week until Tuesday. We ended up talking about the sound that C makes, just the K-sound for now, we'll deal with the S- and CH- sounds later. We saw a Crane on the way out of the library and decided that it starts with C and also the Cars.

Some of Javin's favorite books this week were:
(Tuesday) 
The Pirate Cruncher by Jonny Duddle (LOVED IT!!)
Clementine by Sebastian Loth (cute)

We ate Clementines, painted with Colors (in plastic Ziploc bags) and This sparked a Clown talk. I thought about making Cornbread, but that didn't happen.

(Wednesday) 
The Caboose Who Got Loose by Bill Peet (LOVED IT!!)
Carrot Soup by John Segal (Has a Carrot Soup Recipe in the back!)
Crocs! by David T. Greenberg

We ate Cantaloupe and Carrots and looked at Clouds - we decided that most looked like bugs.

(Thursday)
The Berenstain Bears Clean House
The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle (LOVED IT!!)
Clang! Clang! Beep! Beep! by Robert Burleigh
Cars Galore by Peter Stein

We Cleaned the house and ate Cheese and Crackers

(Friday)
If you Give A Mouse A Cookie by Laura Numeroff
Cat & Mouse by Ian Schoenherr
Ride 'em Cowboy by Kate McMullan

We talked about Clocks, Cats, Cows & Cowboys and made cookies.

(Saturday) we had another special C - CONCRETE! came to our house, for a patio!






I've also decided to just post weekly, I'm going to compile all week as I go and just post once weekly. I feel bad I can't keep up, but hopefully it'll be less stressful :)

No comments: