Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Thursday


It seems like each day I get further and further behind. I'm barely getting the stuff done I need/want to. Which unfortunately includes updating everyone on the Preschool progress.

Thursday:
Since we had talked about Bees the day before at the zoo, we followed it up with Queen Bee Needs to be Free, I can't remember who it was written by. The book was a little too informative for Javin's taste, I had to add in some of my own commentary to keep his attention, but it was ok. For our snack I cooked up some Bacon and we had BLTs. My little carnivore was happy with that. We also talked about our Body parts that start with B (ie. Belly (Button), Back and Bum) and read The Belly Book by Fran Manushkin (great). Then we went along with the rest of the day, I quizzed him about which words start with A or B and if X word starts with B? Then we read Billy Twitters and His Blue Whale Problem by Mac Barnett (great, good illustration) before bed.

Friday:
Javin had (the usual) yogurt for breakfast, but I added some Blueberries in it and we read Blueberries for Sal by Robert McCloskey (I thought it was slow, but Javin liked it). After breakfast we rushed over to the Bounce House place we go to on 700 W. and 1500-ish S., we met up with Javin's little friend, Lily, and her mom, Amanda. He spent a few wonderful hours ridding himself of the excess energy he has everyday. Then the time came for me to go to work, Javin spent some time at Tara and Kevin's (whom he ADORES).After work, we talked about SOME of the differences between Boys and girls (not the obvious ones - he's only 3 guys!) and read The Boy who was Raised by Librarians by Carla Morris (written by a local librarian in Provo, really good) and Boy by James Mayhew (just ok).  Then before bed we read Brave, Brave Mouse by Michelle Cartlidge (also, good).


The B week ran into Saturday this week because it was Javin's Birthday! We found a well taken care of Big Boy Bike on KSL and ran out to West Jordan to pick it up. He doesn't quiet know what to think about it yet, he can't really keep his feet on the pedals. He wants to ride it, but he doesn't like it when he's on it because we have to hold him up and he can't go very fast, poor kid :(

No comments: