Monday, November 26, 2012

N week

Should be called Not Feelin' It Week - the steroids that my doc put me on to get rid of the rash that the other meds gave me are giving me a mini Roid Rage - I'm mad at everyone.

Monday:
Library Day! Javin likes to play the I Spy game on the library computer while I grab our week's worth of books. I love it because I can leave him to play on his own, while I get my stuff done. I found an I Spy book online that looked simple enough and revolved around Nests and birds, but I couldn't find it on the shelf :(  So I got a different one: Seymour Makes New Friends by Walter Wick. We read it tonight and Javin loved it. We also read: Night at the Fair by Donald Crews
A Quiet Night In by Jill Murphy (good)
The House in the Night by Susan Marie Swanson

Tuesday: 
Javin went pee pee twice in one day! So we tried some undies, and he peed them. Two steps forward, one step back :)
We're still playing inside - so rash doesn't flare up. Javin watched Finding Nemo while sitting on the potty, so I could get food in the crock pot for dinner in peace. We had Chicken Noodle Soup, it was delicious, recipe here.
See? Tuesday 20th...TWO pee pee stars!
We did a lot of Number talk today. Each time Javin pees in the potty we (he) get a pee pee treat AND put a star sticker on the pee pee chart, when he gets 7 pees in a week we'll have a party. He loves counting the days to find out where to put the star. So we kept the theme going with Number books.

We read: Cecily G. and the Nine Monkeys by H.A. Rey (good)
Eggs 123 by Janet Halfmann (great)
123 To The Zoo by Eric Carle (great)
The Nose Book by Al Perkins (LOVES)
Dog's Noisy Day by Emma Dodd (LOVES)
Clifford's Noisy Day by Norman Bridwell
The Loud Book! by Deborah Underwood

Wednesday:
I bought a container of Planters Deluxe Mixed Nuts for us all to snack on, Javin picked out all the pistachios, then all the cashews and is now working on the pecans. The only ones left are almonds and brazil Nuts, the kid likes his Nuts :)
Weather wasn't great so we painted Nails instead of go outside. And for lunch we did the Noodled Hot dogs from pinterest, he loved stabbing the hot dog chunks, but actually eating them was a different story.

We read: A Nap in a Lap by Sarah Wilson (great)
The Napping House by Audrey & Don Wood (great)
The Pirate Nap by Danna Smith (great)

Thursday:
Danny is the BEST child wrangler in these-here parts :)

Turkey Day! We read: The Best Nest by P.D. Eastman

The Nest Where I Like to Rest by Dawn Prochovnic
The Perfect Nest by Catherine Friend (LOVED)

Friday:
We made a Noodle Necklace for daddy, Javin had a hard time getting it around daddy's neck (SO cute to watch).

And read: Newton by Rory Tyger
A Tree is Nice by Janice May Udry (good)
On Noah's Ark by Jan Brett (great)
Naamah and the Ark at Night by Susan Bartoletti (LOVED)
A Stormy Ride on Noah's Ark by Patricia Hooper

No comments: