Monday, December 31, 2012

R Week

Monday:
I was hoping to make a quick trip to the dollar store for some cheap stocking stuffers before we headed to the library, then over to a friend's house, all before work at 1. Unfortunately, we got a late start AGAIN and once we were done and checking out I realized I had no way to pay for it all AND a screaming child. WONDERFUL! Luckily, the clerk held my bags while I Ran home to grab Mr. Robbins' credit card. By the time I was really done I had about 30 minutes before work, so I spent my time tearing every room in my house apart for my credit card - checking all my pants' and hoodie pockets, all my purses and Javin's room. I found it under my bed, of course, that's where everyone keeps their credit cards. Grr! Needless to say, no library today.

It was a wet day so we talked about R and how Rain, Rainbow and Road all start with R.

Book# 17 (from the Christmas Countdown): Christmas with Rita and Whatsit by Jean-Philippe Arrou-Vignod

Tuesday:
We went to the library nice and early, Javin Ran around with the gaggles of 8-9 year-olds for about 45 minutes while I grabbed a few books. Then he pitched a fit when I tried to get him to leave. I finally had to put him in time out for 3 minutes, he screamed the whole 3 minutes and held my leg, but kept his butt on the stool I put him on. Afterward, we had a long talk about how he can NOT act like that or we won't be able to go to fun places; only good, obedient children get to go do fun things - it worked the rest of the day, we'll see about tomorrow.

We came home and ate hot dogs, Rice and Raisins for lunch.

We read: Raisin and Grape by Tom Amico
Rude Ramsay and the Roaring Radishes by Margaret Atwood (fun, but A LOT of Rs)
One Rainy Day by M. Christina Butler
Raccoon on His Own by Jim Arnosky
Chester Raccoon and the Big Bad Bully by Audrey Penn

Book# 18: A Shepherd's Gift by Mary Calhoun

Wednesday:
It snowed and we stayed in, boring, I know.

We read: Elmer and the Rainbow by David McKee
Rainbow Fish Discovers the Deep Sea by Marcus Pfister (we already read Rainbow Fish for F week)
Planting a Rainbow by Lois Ehlert
R Robot Saves Lunch by R. Nicholas Kuszyk
Robot Dog by Mark Oliver
Robot by John Scieszka

Book# 19: Robot Santa by Phil Parks (LONG)

Thursday:
We originally had plans to go to the park and Run around, but it was FREEZING, literally. So we went to the Utah Museum of Natural History, it was super fun (as always) and Javin had been asking to go back to the "big building where the dinosaurs live" for weeks. He Ran around with his friend, Luke, for a few hours. He also drew a Red Raptor and at the end we ate some lunch - it was a good day.


We read: The Big Squirrel and the Little Rhinoceros by Mischa Damjan
I know a Rhino by Charles Fuge
Hippo! No, Rhino! by Jeff Newman
Rhino's Great Big Itch! by Natalie Chivers
One Red Apple by Harriet Ziefert

Book# 19: Melrose and Croc: A Christmas to Remember by Emma Chichester Clark

Friday:
We kept today mostly low-key, I had work and was starting to get overwhelmed about the impending holiday. We Read our Christmas book early and had arts and crafts seen here.
When Mr.Robbins takes Javin on Mondays and Fridays they usually go shopping somewhere (ie, DI, Ross, Walmart). I can tell where they go by the toy of the day, if it looks big/expensive and maybe a little used it was a DI find. Which was what we had on our hands this day, a Robot. A big, white, walking (rolling) Robot that Javin wouldn't put down, he slept with it - while it was on, all night.

We read: The Little Rabbit Who Liked to Say Moo by Jonathan Allen
Really Rabbits by Virginia Kroll
Little White Rabbit by Kevin Henkes
White Rabbit's Color Book by Alan Baker

I wish we would've had time to read, The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams, but it was long and I was having a issues.

Book# 20: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer by Alan Benjamin

Saturday:
Book# 21: The Elf on the Shelf by Carol V. Aebersold
I didn't just borrow this book from the library, I bought the box set from Barnes & Noble with the toy stuffed elf. We read it this year to prepare for next year, I think an elf spy was just a little too much for him to handle this year, but next year I'll hold Christmas over his head like nobody's business. Any hint of an attitude and I'll whip out the "Elf/Santa is watching" card. You better believe I'll guilt trip to get good behavior.

Sunday:
Book# 22: Christmas Eve The Joy of Giving by Lisa Johnson

Monday:
Book# 23: The Night Before Christmas by Clement C. Moore

No comments: