Sunday, February 3, 2013

W Week

Monday:
Fail. We didn't even venture out of the house. Last snow storm I got my car stuck 3 times getting in and out of my driveway, no way was I trying to leave by myself. On Sunday evening I knew Monday was going to be an inside day. We did talk about the new letter of the Week, W! Gram came over for a minute (while I went to work and Mr. Robbins was on his way home), they Watched Wall-e. He LOVES that movie, his favorite undies are Wall-e. Javin has always called it "lolly", but since it was W Week and we were focusing on the sound, he recognized the W at the beginning of the word and he realized he wasn't saying it right. I was amazed! I've been telling him its Wwwwaaall-e for years, he just needed to read it for himself.

After work I found it appropriate to discuss Winter with Javin, since we've been sledding and playing in the snow so much. As homeowners we get to shovel our sidewalk within a few hours after each storm or run the risk of being ticketed. And since the city blessed us with not only a front sidewalk, but a side sidewalk too its twice three times the work (the side sidewalk is LONG). If I shovel it myself, I'm wiped for the rest of the day, luckily I've only had to shovel it alone once. This week has been great though. We all donned our layers and trudged out into the quiet night and got to work, even Javin. Mr. Robbins gave him a hoe (the lightest semi-shovel we have) and he 'shoveled' away.

After all the shoveling Mr. Robbins still wasn't done with the elements, so we had a mini snowball fight, made several snow angels and a My Sized Snowman for Javin.


Tuesday:
We made it out of the driveway and got to the library, YAY! On our way to the library it was snowing and Javin said, "Mom! It's snowing, it's a White Christmas!". So random, but it made me laugh. I made some lunches and after we got books we sat by the big Windows at the library and Watched the Windy Winter Weather. While reading: Stormy Weather by Debi Gliori
Winter Is by Ann Dixon
My "W" Sound Box by Jane Moncure (great)
Snowy, Blowy Winter by Bob Raczka.
Next we went to Walmart, got the essentials (Tuesday afternoon at Walmart wasn't too bad) and headed home.

After YW we got ready for bed and read: Smash Trash! by Laura Driscoll (WALL-E)
There's a Wocket in my Pocket! by Dr. Seuss
Where's Walrus by Stephen Savage
The Wind Blew by Pat Hutchins
Wormy Worm by Chris Raschka
Worm Gets a Job by Kathy Caple
Diary of a Worm by Doreen Cronin

Wednesday:
We talked about the days of the Week, I don't think he gets it yet, but maybe soon.

We read: What Happens on Wednesdays by Emily Jenkins
The Wednesday Surprise by Eve Bunting
One Windy Wednesday by Phyllis Root

Thursday:
Zoo day! Even though we've been to the zoo weekly since the Summer, Javin was really surprised and upset when we didn't see a Walrus. I can't ever remember a Walrus being at the Hogle Zoo.
Javin was scared of the Wolf, he was just staring at us. While we ate our lunch at home we watched an episode of Wild Kratts, they were teaching about Wolves! He felt more comfortable about the cartoon Wolf pup on the tv than he did the real one at the zoo.

Creepy peacock, giving us the stink-eye.
After the zoo we ate some lunch, read our books and hit the gym. Javin really enjoys his time at the gym, I'm all about the dual functional activities. He plays while I do something for me, in this case, work-it-out. The 'Body Pump' class at the Trolley 24 Hour Fitness was awesome, until I got paged into the kid's club. Javin peed himself, GRRR...second time today. When we got home I had had enough of everything, the attitude, the accidents, the whining, the crying, everything. I bathed him, put him in a diaper and pjs, shoved some food in him and sent him to bed. Very, Very Long day.

**As a side note. Javin has had a dry fake-sounding cough since the beginning of the month. In the beginning I wasn't too worried, as time progressed I set up an appt. with the Pediatrician. She gave us a prescription for Amoxicillin, since I was up at the U already (for the appt) I just drove down the road to the Walmart on Parleys Way. Oh My! The nicest, calmest, cleanest Walmart I've ever been to. The pharmacist was very pleasant and helpful, great experience. Javin has been taking his meds for a week, cough is reducing and life is good. The pharmacy called me today, I thought it was to advise me of a problem with Javin's medication. But, no. They just called to see how Javin was feeling and see if the Amoxicillin was working on his cough. I almost dropped the phone, Walmart called ME to see how my son's cough was! Pleasantly SHOCKED**

We read: The Runaway Whale by Keith Faulkner
Wolf Won't Bite! by Emily Gravett
Woof! Woof! by David Carter
Little Wolf's Song by Britta Teckentrup (Great)
Wiener Wolf by Jeff Crosby
Red Wolf Country by Jonathan London

Friday:
We went to Jump Around Utah, ever since I bought a punch card its been more of a temptation. I love that  Javin gets to run and jump and exhaust himself, while I get a break (or catch up on my blog).

This is kind of a weird, gross question for the parents of potty training/trained kids: Do you ever look at the #2 that just came out of your child and wonder if there is anything left in them? Seriously, I don't think Javin eats THAT much, but the poops this kid leaves in the toilet are, in one word, amazing. Javin isn't pushing really hard, so I'm not worried about his health, I just wonder if any other kids have adult sized excrement? I warned, "weird, gross question".

We read: Wiggle by Doreen Cronin
When You Wish Upon a Star by Ned Washington (with DVD)
The Elephant Wish by Lou Berger
A Wish for You by Matt Novak
The Big Wish by Carolyn Conahan

No comments: