Saturday, February 23, 2013

Y week

Monday:
Library day! Got a late start, but still had enough time for the library - YAY!

We read: Star Wars ABC by Scholastic (Javin's pic, he LOVED it and Yoda was in it!)
Sometimes Y by Mary Salzmann
Yum! The Sound of Y by Alice Flanagan
Yesterday and the Letter Y by Cynthia Klingel
It's Y! by Oona Gaarder-Juntti
Yana and Yosef by Pam Scheunemann

Tuesday:
We had a doctor's appointment in the morning, by the time it was over we were hungry, sooo hungry we couldn't wait to eat. We stopped at Village Inn and had a wonderful brunch, just Javin and me. We brought some books to read while we waited. **If you have a slow eater or even a non-eater who likes books, bribe them! For every bite, you'll read another page - it works!** Also during brunch, we tried to find things that started with Y. I found the Yoke of my egg and Javin found a Yellow light (that was really orange).

We also tried to say, "Yes!", as much as possible all day. It was surprisingly really fun.

We read: Yes by Jez Alborough
Yes, Please! No, Thank you! by Valerie Wheeler
Oh Yeah! by Tom Birdseye (LOVED)
Yes We Can! by Sam McBratney (LOVED)
Yes Day! by Amy Rosenthal
Yes, No, Maybe So by Charise Harper (LOVED)

Wednesday:
We ran a TON of errands all day, while we were out I was hoping to grab Mr. Robbins from work for a lunch appointment at Zupas. But that didn't happen, so Javin and I went anyway (he and I are eating out A LOT). After Zupas I sent Mr. Robbins this pic of what he missed, Javin all sugared up on fruit punch and me out of my pjs, makeup and hair done (hardly happens mid-week).

Javin has called Yellow "Lellow" since he started speaking. Try as I might, I've never been able to convince him that its Yellow, with a Y. During W week I got him to read the word Wall-e and say it right so I had hopes for Y week and Yellow. I had him read it all day and we discussed ANY and EVERYTHING that was Yellow. No luck today, hopefully by the end of the week he'll get it.
We got to hang out with Mr. Robbins a little later anyway. I got some tickets to the Grizzlies HockeY game through my work, Javin's first hockeY game! He loved it, mostly he loved the big foam finger and the bear that was running around.
Now when you say, "Number 1!", he'll  point his index finger skyward, even without the foam finger.
The bear was doing the rounds and didn't quite make it up to us, so Javin Yelled at him for about 5 minutes, something like, "Hey, you, bear! Get over here!". Finally, we had to chase down the bear so Javin could see him and give him a high-five and bones. **Side Note: Its amazing the power of a costume. Javin would NEVER approach a stranger under normal circumstances, but a stranger in a bear costume is TOTALLY fine.
We read: Yellow Bird, Black Spider by Dosh and Mike Archer (LOVED)
The Little Yellow Leaf by Carin Berger
Yellow Blues by Sean L. Moore
Red & Yellow's Noisy Night by Josh Selig

Thursday:
Since it was Valentine's Day and we talked about You a lot, with all the "I love You"s and such. I got Javin his very own heart shaped box of chocolates (mostly because I didn't want to share mine), his own special Valentine.
We read: Yucka Drucka Droni by Eugenia Radunsky (WEIRD)
Why Do You Cry? by Kate Klise
Look at You! by Kathy Henderson
I Love You Dude by V. Radunsky (Also WEIRD)

Friday:
I've mostly decided to do the Thelma & Louise Half Marathon in Moab, this June. I say mostly because I haven't paid for it yet, but I've begun training. I've never even run a 5k in practice or in a real race, so I'm not quite sure how my body will react. Today was the first day of training, and it went pretty well. I didn't get to finish the whole run (another time commitment), but I ran 3.5 miles and I was sweating like a pig.

1 comment:

Blake + Jess. said...

I'm so excited for you to run a half marathon! You will do great! Its such a great feeling when you cross the finish line! (=