Thursday, October 25, 2012

I Week

I week has been off the cuff, I've been pretty selfish - we do what I want.

Monday was our first day back from the vacation, we got home around 7:00am and my mom volunteered to stay longer so Mr. Robbins and I could get some sleep - it was a very sweet offer, but didn't work. The moment Javin saw us he wouldn't leave us alone - he was a clingy pill all week. After taking my mom home we went over to Auntie's house to spend a little time with her.

Tuesday:
We mixed it up and did Library Day!
Books: Inch by Inch by Leo Lionni
Inside Outside Upside Down by Stan & Jan Berenstain
Scribbles  and Ink by Ethan Long

I couldn't think of any I food, so we snacked on stick pretzels, that look like I's (I dipped mine in Icing).


Wednesday:
Zoo Day! We talked about a few I things we'd see (ie. Iguana, Insects and Ibis)
 Books: Discovering Nature's Alphabet by Krystina Castella (I thought it would have more Insects)
Alphabeasties by Sharon Werner (LOVE IT!)
Count on Culebra by Ann Whitford Paul (Great)
He picked the Insect!

Ice cream, of course!

Thursday:
We talked about Igloos and Ice Cream and then made them!

(Javin took this pic) Our Igloo, of Icing and 'March mallow'.
We read: Come Back Soon by Daniel Schallau (Weird)
Casey ans Derek on the Ice by Marty Sederman
Ice by Arthur Geisert (also weird)
Zoomer's Summer Snowstorm by Ned Young

Made Vanilla Peach Ice Cream using this recipe, adding in a few peach chunks.
Action shot!
Friday:
Island day! As I made breakfast Javin watched The Incredibles and we talked about the Island on the movie. We read: It's Mine! by Leo Lionni (Great)
An Island Grows by Lola Schaefer (Good)

Chick-fil-a and more Ice cream!


 Saturday (Extended into the weekend):
I Am A Tyrannosaurus by Anna Grossnickle Hines (LOVED)
I Love You, Little Monkey by Alan Durant (LOVED)
I Can Dress Myself! by Birte Muller
It's Me! by Eric Drachman

No comments: